Wow, so glad I found this game. An absolute beauty!
So many great memories flooding back, like World Class Leaderboard, PGA Tour 1 and 2, VR Golf 99 (Think it was also called Actua Golf) and Links. Love the vibe, the colors, the scenery and little things like the drone, planes, leaderboard, scenery, boats etc... Adds some nice atmosphere.
As a lifelong golfer and player of golf games, I'd like to add just a few suggestions if you don't mind.
- A few different swing animations, like a 3/4 swing, 1/2 and a 1/4 swing. A full swing from just off the green looks very bizarre and off.
- A button to pull up the scoreboard at any time (or add it to esc menu)
- More outfit combos, customize options (eg: pants for a male golfer)
- An explanation of power for shots. Almost all my shots seem like they don't go as far as they should after doing the power meter math. Or does the rough affect power, and does the sand affect power or accuracy?
- Landing in some of the rough seems playable, but you get an automatic penalty stroke. The extreme stuff I get, but you can play out of many kinds of rough really with strategic decisions.
- Why the restriction in moving left and right for shot direction? I feel you should be able to shoot in any direction you choose.
- Hoping steam release will have a full club selection? And did you fix auto club selection? It's awkward and a pain to switch clubs every single shot. And maybe with experience and good play, your yardages become farther for driver etc. Would add repeat playability to improve your player's skill and club power etc.
- Green size, shape variety and adding a fringe. They look like they are just plopped in a sea of dark green usually. A few outer rings of fringe or small amounts of fairway / lighter green brought around would be visually more appealing.
- Tournaments (even against a large field of computer opponents), Career or season mode, more elaborate breakdown of your stats etc.
- Scoreboard between holes flashes too quickly. Make that an x button click thru when ready. Also remove the zeroes from unplayed holes, makes it really confusing to figure out where you are on the scorecard.
- Your overall score on the scorecard and main playing screen at all times would be nice too. (-2 or +12 or whatever) Maybe beside name of player
- Could it always be in yards and not feet on the green. 3.55 yards etc. Or put the feet of the putters max in feet (not yards) too. Weird trying to convert yards to feet on the green.
- On one green (9th hole and 13th hole at Westing Links ) I was 8 yards away on green. Putter goes 7 yards. So technically, it can't even reach the hole?
- 11 yards away ( on fairway - Use wedge that can go 32 yards. I'm 11 yards away. 50% should easily get me there. Side wind. I go about 60% and still end up 11 ft short. Accurate second click too. Doesn't add up and is the only frustrating part of the game.
- Get rid of the cry sound effect (like nails on a chalkboard to me lol) Maybe a grumble or cartoon swearing (ala Home Alone)
- Computer opponents take too long
- Press x to skip the brown pop-up score after draining the ball. Skip when you're up (with brown box again) to speed up play if you prefer to go faster.
Anyways hope that doesn't sound critical. This is a fantastic start and progress in a truly enjoyable game. Excited to see it grow.
Will be buying day 1!